Aloha Aloha Aloha nui.
Guess what? I thought I had posted my “I moved” life update back in April … and guess where I found it? Sitting in my drafts. *face palm
E kala mai (I apologize), I thought I had updated you all, and I guess I have not. So here is a quick breakdown of that: We moved. If you follow my personal social media, you know what has changed, but if you don’t, well, we moved to Kailua Kona. We are originally from this island (Hawai’i island), but from the east side – in rainy Hilo. Our journey from Oʻahu to Kona was a rough one, I am so glad I took the break from social media so I could put my 100% focus into that. My husband is recruiting out here and its been about three months. So far, itʻs okay – I see him when I see him and it is only the beginning. If you know anything about Marine Corps recruiting, you know that it is the most difficult of all the branches.
I have some wonderful news to share with you, but you must wait a little longer for me to announce that. I really am so proud of myself! I hope you are all well and doing good. However, in the meantime I hope to post more regularly again … I need more ideas for sure, it can be sometimes rather hard to continue sharing (my life is not that exciting by any means). Here is what I am currently into:
- Sunscreen for my skin – I really am trying to be careful about skin cancer and just the premature aging process in general. I donʻt mind aging, but I want to take care of my skin!
- I started an OTC Retinol in addition to my regular Curology routine – See point above, haha.
- I am trying to get back into reading (and writing, obviously) but while I do that I am incorporating scheduling and learning to time block.
- Watching all of the cooking shows on all streaming websites – my fave right now is Sugar Rush.
- Utilizing my iPad – I bought it for a reason and I am trying to do more things with it other than watching tv.
- Exercising – Nothing too crazy and special, but I do try to workout every weekday. I do a 1.5 mile walk and either squats or deadlifts. I donʻt feel any different, but thats okay! I am happy for the movement.
I think thatʻs all for now. If you have any suggestions for some new pieces, or suggestions on books to read, please don’t be shy!
I miss you all! I am glad to post this.
Happy Curl, Happy Girl
Curly Island Girl